Monday, April 7, 2008

wrote this friday, it's warmer now, the fleas haven't struck again

I have bites, maybe fleas. it happens. both the girls i live with have had them. seven bites on my left hand and i suspect an eighth somewhere under my jeans, but no way am i taking off enough clothing to confirm that.

Because, it's cold. It's the warmest part of the day and i'm in my room, wearing hatscarfgloves(fingerless), two pairs of pants, snowboarding socks and legwarmers, long underwear, tee, longsleeved tee, sweater, hoodie. I hover over a jar of tea, praying to the steam and refusing to acknowledge that the day will only get colder.

I stopped at the supermarket on the way home at lunch and found myself in an awquard situation: my money was in the pocket of my -inside- pair of pants.

Ahhhh, but i don't like the supermarket anyway. They try to sell people on shopping there by promoting it as sort of a way to distinguish yourself. The slogan: "a way of life"

"a consumeristic, bourgeois, plastic way of life..." i sneer inside my own head while i slide my hand down the back of my pants and dig around nonchalantly for the pocket with my cash.

The good thing about it being cold, though, is there's not many places the fleas (if that's what they are) seem to be able to get to.

Probably they'll go away in a few days, they usually do. Probably it'll warm up in a few days, it usually does.

No comments: