Tuesday, December 18, 2007

about time

a short note: in my entire time in bolivia, i have not seen a functional clock.
our hotel room didn´t have one. our house doesn´t have one.
the wall clocks in my workplace, all the workplaces of my friends that i´ve seen, every classroom i've been in at my spanish school, and anywhere else that i can´t specifically remember, have been dead.
clocks on computers in internet cafes are always wrong.
needless to say, this isn´t the kind of place where people are perfectly on time.
however, it's not as bad the clocklessness might lead you to assume.

1 comment:

invivum said...

I've overheard someone telling to someone that has been told from someone that Oxfam might be involved human time perception experiments. The sun you see there may not be the sun you think you are seeing. Your volunteering there could not be as short as you think it is.